Liar, Liar...

You see, when I was a little younger I used to pride myself in the fact that I don't lie...yep as a kid, I was not much of a liar...lool...I laugh at my own stupidity and naive nature.

Circumstances were different then...I found out I rather be quiet than deny or lie about stealing a popcorn or burning down the house...just kidding, I was not totally into popcorn enough for me to steal. So then my mum knew whenever she asks me about any mischievous deed I had carried out and I remain quiet or try to deviate from the topic when I am being questioned, I was 100% guilty. 
I thought it would last but Nah.
No circumstance during my childhood or the adolescent stage prepared me for the responsibility of adulthood and how serious every other person apart from you takes little things. So, of course, little by little the lies start creeping in, from one sector of your life to another. 
Be it in a relationship,  at your workplace or among your friends... Although if you still have to lie to your friends I think that friendship isn't strong enough...and family.
Lies told in a relationship could be as little as "I'll be ready in 5mins" or "I’m not hungry" or even "I love u" Because let's be real these words have been thrown around so loosely they barely have any meaning or impact anymore. Although there are some lies that people tell to protect the feelings of others.

Lies are also supplied in bulk at the workplace on a daily basis. Of course, his lateness is due to the aftermath of his gaming marathon the previous night but do u expect him to declare that out loud...hell Nah...
obviously the next morning, either his car got towed or there would be a massive traffic or transport commuters went on an emergency strike without warning. A lot of lies being told in daily basis is to save our skin and integrity, in the irony of things when lies are eventually found out which in most cases they do the integrity and skin would be badly burnt compared to before the lie...and had you said sorry and work towards ditching that attitude that would cause a lie...you would have been a better person. Also, the most pathetic is when your lie is so transparent that everyone could see through your lie and they just play along with u displaying your foolishness.
While I'm not claiming to be a bigger person, of course, I lie...once a while, majorly for stupid flimsy reasons but all the same a lie is a lie.
 for example:
person: "I called you several times, you didn't pick up"
Me: (well aware that person x really did call me, in fact, I had my phone in my hands while person x was calling but didn't want to pause my game or YouTube video for a "phone call") Ehen?...didn't see it.

Person Z: " I knocked on your door several times, I guessed you weren't in"
Me: (obviously aware of someone knocking on my door, me staying still making sure not to make any movement or breathe too loudly until they go away) Ehen?...didn't know OR maybe I was sleeping.

So as I was saying, wait I forgot the whole point of this post...oh yeah, Lying is bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power