Birthday Epiphany

I recently turned a year older and I celebrated in a grand style as birthdays should be celebrated…lying in a fetal position, tucked firmly in between my sheets contemplating about my life and life in general.

In the midst of my contemplation and whining, I had an epiphany which did not come as a burst of electrical brain activity but rather as a grudgingly accepted fate of reality. Although getting old and growing up are two different entities, and I must say as tempting as it is to jump into a self-proclaimed fountain of youth and forever denying the existence of biological clocks and responsibilities. 

I have however decided to rather hesitantly rise up to the occasion of accepting my badge into the University of “getting old”, in this state of adulthood accepting the terms and conditions AKA responsibilities.
How this is going to play out or work out at the end I have absolutely no idea but I have decided to trust my GOD and my guts as I leap into my reserved seat in the “getting old” train on this roller coaster called Life.

N:B: After coming across a simple challenging statement (A writer writes, so keep writing) I have decided to get a little bit more serious with my writing and other things. So I’m putting this out there to serve more as a threat to me. I have decided to start putting up at least one new post every Friday / Saturday…
and as all roller coasters, the beginning might be a little rough both on the inside and on the edges or filled with the stink of vomit making it an utter mess. I have decided to stick to this ride till the end and as the days, weeks, months go by(I pray I make it months) even if it does not get less shitty at least you will still have me…Just Kidding, we will have each other. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power