tough conversation

Kids are fun to be with most of time especially when they are not yours and they belong to the under 5 age group. However, if you have one or more kids of your own (no matter the age bracket) I offer my most sincere condolences.

As of late, I got an inch closer to the rim of the adulthood tornado.... I had a conversation with a 5 year old...yes, and i'm talking about the full blown, long interval and nerve racking conversation.
as she made her way into my consulting gazing around in wonder, I smiled hoping it would be a touch and go experience for her...or the both of us.
Noticing my smile, (which in retrospect I admit was a bad call if you are not mentally,physically and emotionally up to the task), she asked "who's supposed to be there" referring to the well laid examination couch.
"the patient that comes to see the doctor", I replied with another smile digging my own grave further down.
"they come because they don't wash their hands, right?" she asked
I had to take a few minutes pause while I tried to wrap my head around the possibility of explaining to a five year old that washing of hands is not the only cause of disease. after several minutes, I resigned to fate and willing agree with my little partner.
"yes...yes", I replied
...and right there and then, it was like some kind of switch was flicked and our conversation went through numerous portals and time zones, most of which I was not conscious of but I struggled to brave through it all by giving some absent minded mono-syllabic answers and throwing in a chuckle or two in the mix.
After what seems like an eternity, she said "OK, I have to go now"
"OK, bye bye", I replied eagerly and waving with the same velocity of eagerness
"I enjoyed our talk", she said as she struts away snapping her fingers
...at that particular moment, I began to melt.

Its been two weeks now and i still feel giddy about our conversation and her last sentence.

P.S: HAPPY NEW YEAR
 I'm sorry again for not posting in a while...I'm so so so sooooowwwwiiiiiiiii....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power