Adult talk

Disclaimer : Readers discretion advised.


I had always been an early listener, according to the testimony of my mother, who had that time felt terrified of my one month old self listening intently and trying so hard to follow conservations around me.

I was not one who was keen on babble talk on useless topics.
While so many others would have looked forward to adulthood for so many reasons,  I looked forward to having an adult conversation.
I mentally prepared each of my topics, clothed them in the overflowing cloak of maturity. Each sentence, each word, each syllable springing from my lips with maturity.
Now I'm a lot older sitting across to a friend and our topic of discussion is nothing but silly baby talk. I hear myself talk but each word does not seem to be  clothed with overflowing cloak of maturity  instead it sounded like silly babbles with shrieking laughter muddled up in the mix.
I may have not gotten where I want to be  but I wait in anticipation of when my adult-talk hormones will start kicking in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power