Worst fear

What do you do when you are faced with your worst fear?
A lot of people would say things such as; for you to overcome your fear you have to fight it; you have to build up your confidence level, face your fear and fight it head on. I wish I was like these type of people, in fact, I thought I was one of them. I had gone through several series of confidence boosting lessons and learnt different tactics of fighting my fear. So, I was prepared.
What I have come to realize that in life is that the real deal or situation is not always what you have practiced all along or how you have always imagined it to be, a great deal of difference exist between practice sessions  and the real deal. It takes a whole new level of confidence and bravery to fight the real deal or situation head on with the materials and lessons that you have practiced with.
Just the other day, I was faced with one of my worst fears, I knew I should have cranked up my confidence and bravery, I knew I should have stayed back and fight it head on, but in an instant I found myself running faster than I have ever ran in my whole entire life, not stopping to catch a breathe (I could not care less about my breathe)
After reaching a very safe distance, I looked back just realizing what had transpired, I became a victim of incessant jabs from the ghost of “what-if”.
I still have nightmares till this very day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power