Slander



I sat there in horror and utter shock as I listened to the dangerous words and ultimate destruction being made by the words of her mouth. I would not have been surprised if this was of a stranger or a common enemy, in fact I would have joined in, but the shocking part was that these heavy and highly destructive words were directed to someone we both call close friend. 
She went on with the destruction process not noticing the look of amazement, horror and disgust plastered on my face. I try to put a stop to it but I went into brain block as to what to say. Immediately I start doing a reverse brain scan of all the words I have ever spoken to her, gauging each word as to how personal it is and how of a secret it should be.
After my active brain scan and realizing I am somewhat save, I made a mental note as to never count this one as a real friend but as a plastic figure to fill in the space for playful tea parties. I continued to listen to the slandering words and imagined myself being slandered by this same person, at this point the anger was rising.
I couldn’t take it any longer, I instantaneously rose to my feet turned to leave but thought; instead of walking away I should drop a word or two, as I opened my mouth to talk, the friend that was being slandered walked in.
A relief came to me as I thought; “wow, this is it. This is where they draw up their differences and shut it down.”  I must have been alone in my thought, because what I pictured as the ending of this conversation was definitely not what happened.  To my surprise the slandering one welcomed the slandered on with a smile and a hug, striking a conversation with her as if nothing happened.
I immediately made my way out of there with disappointment, thinking: “how many times have I walked into that same hug and responding to that same smile?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power