Fairytale?


how i let it get to this point is all beyond me. How did i miss those small details...the hidden contacts, the blank eyes, the unbearable silence, the lies...disregarding like nothing of importance, thinking perfect is not necessary. How come i let myself be blindfolded by the fantasy which was not, i went out as a Cinderella to dance with my prince but before the clock of midnight, the magic faded and am left in the centre of the ballroom with no prince and in rags with my head bowed in shame and my rags soaking up my tears.
This is not how the story was supposed to end, it is not part of the plan. the supposed prince charming would be a source of pain and regret, my happily ever after has rapidly faded to become a sadly ever after.
...and all i can do is shake my head in disappointment asking myself, "how did you let things go this far?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power