The L word

"Love is a beautiful thing"- I say this a lot especially when I happen to  be around other people, not because of my strong belief for the statement, certainly not for any form of propagation for the statement. The sole reason for my bold outward proclamation of the above statement is to serve as a form of disguise for my inwardly and personal convictions on the topic. Simple and plain, I don't want to be one of those that people described as monsters or cold hearted for not being "all about love"
Don't get me wrong, i am not "anti-love" because "God is love", but am quite put off by the human definition of love, a few of which includes:
  - butterflies in the stomach; which is anatomically, physiologically, pathologically and naturally incorrect
  - heart skipping a beat: now that's a symptom of a heart disease or condition
  - feeling of fondness: we all get fond of a lot of things
  - being shot an arrow in the heart by a mythic flying near naked baby...oh, puh-lease
...and particularly the definition of love, that states that love is only available when everything is good.
I believe that love should be nurtured and groomed, it should not be a parasite, or go on a long vacation, it should be there at all times.
I speak not from the view of a love expert but from the view of a good observer and with all of my being I believe that the above statement should read..."Love CAN BE a beautiful thing, if you work at it and never give it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power