How is reading?


with finals fast approaching, i get alot of "how is reading going?". my response had always been one of the following:
1) a polite and gentle smile ( i may add a little nodding, just to give it some action)
2) a slight shrug + "we thank God"
3) "fine, thank you"
4) a clever dodge of the question
now to those who bombard and embarrass me with this question, below is a full detailed account of how reading is really going.

It always starts out with full determination and zeal. At that moment in time, the sight of the books brings nothing but joy to my thirsty soul, who is eager to fill up the neuronal spaces with compacted academic knowledge. To be quite honest, it feels great. Barely two minutes into my ravenous dig into knowledge, a neuronal fibre in my brain snaps, shutting down the power house of determination and zeal, this results to my unending boredom, everything else apart from the books seem more interesting...even popping my non-existent facial zits.
The next stage is what i name the CALL-OUT STAGE, then my brain cells apparently dying of boredom then begin to call out for help to which my body responds by grabbing to the nearest available distraction, most time its my phone.
The third stage is the LATENT OR INACTIVE STAGE, where i continously tap my phone whether useful or not useful, until i reach the final stage.
The fourth and final stage is the WORN OUT STAGE, at this stage every iota of reading had dissolved, then i gently put down my phone, pick up my tablet and come up with an article such as this, other times i just go to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power