Sleep

My eyes crack open as my brain cells crank up to resume function after hibernation. I begin to pick up words from the environment that make some sensible sentences. I reach out for my phone to check the time, i jump from the bed uttered a quiet curse word underneath my breathe. "Shit!" I stumble around the room trying to make a resemblance of human contact with objects in the room.
As i fumble with things i begin to wonder, "how can some one possibly sleep for that long?". After some seconds without the full resumption of the brain's function, i switch to auto-pilot which is driven by self-loathe. "How could you have slept for this long?" "It shows the uttermost art of indiscipline" "now the rest of the day has been wasted, thanks to your anaesthetic sleep".
I try to build up defenses but i only find my legs working and walking of their own accord in no other direction than the bed. I tried to resist, trust me i really tried, but before i knew what was going on, i could feel my back against a soft comfy support and immediately i knew that it's of no use trying to fight off this feeling because i knew this is where i want to be, i curl up on the bed as i slowly shut my eyes and once again go into hibernation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power