Farewell



You were a sojourner on a mission I was a girl with a vision, when our path crossed. Our first meeting was not particularly memorable but you knew that that was not our last. As seasons come and go, I realized that you were different and with each meeting I fall deeper in love.
Your sweet words make chills run down my back, your lips against my ears make me stop in my tracks, forgetting everything else in the world. I know for certain that this is true love, because you don't lust after my body, instead you urge me to pile on clothes...the thicker the better.
The set time is here again, when you have to continue on your mission. I should have been used to seeing you off but it seems every year my feeble heart refuses to learn to be strong. As you turn your back, my heart breaks but I hold down the tears with the certainty..."He'll be back, maybe next time colder and for a little bit longer"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power