I hate Christmas



I hate Christmas…well may be not, but my feelings for Christmas have gradually moved from the feeling of ecstasy from my young, free and naïve self to a feeling of mutual acknowledgement, that is, I acknowledge it as a holiday, season of joy, season of cheer, blah blah blah, and it acknowledges me as a mortal that just needs a timeout.
I had been on this stage and we seemed to have managed our relationship quite well up until recently when my feelings for the “precious” holiday seem to have disintegrated. This time I’m quite sure had gone up the ladder or in this case down the ladder at least by two to three steps because my feeling of acknowledgement have disintegrated to a feeling of pure boredom.
While I still see it has a timeout out, I feel Christmas holiday helps to bring out issues that would have normally remained quiet on daily stress. Issues such as: “how the hell did I end up spending all of my savings on nothing?”, upcoming rite of passage to adulthood, being thrown out of the shield of the adults into the world to become your own adult, spending  the holiday alone with no S/O...
I can’t do this…So how was your Christmas?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power