There is a pain deep down in my heart

As I put down some of my thoughts, I feel a deep pain in my heart...and the sole source of pain is the educational system of medical students in Nigeria
This night I heard the most irritating news...which is...teaching hospitals are not going to accept house officers for now...the Reason for this decision by our senior colleagues is not yet known, but imagine a teaching hospital without  house officers, although there has been some speculation that it is because of inadequate fund, and yet a country that can not afford to pay for their medical force can afford to splash billions of dollars on pointless conferences and degrading award ceremonies...a country with no youth at heart.
Then what is the point of going through med school for six years when there are no slots for housemanship.
And to top things up, pattern of training is bad, there is little or no practical experience for medical students..yet these same set of people expect us to magical acquire skills for housemanship.
...sorry, I have to go and think deep of how far away I can be from this ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power