KILL ME

This is it… I have gone this far, it's too late to turn back and start afresh. I had always known this would be the end of it all, but I just couldn't stay away. I tried to stop, but each time I fall deeper into it. This had been my cycle of pain, regret and slavery. After trying fruitlessly to overcome, I finally gave up, I realised I was far worse than I had started out.
Everyone is driven by the thought of a bright future that lies ahead, as for me: who am I kidding? Mine is bleak and gloomy. I asked for this, this is my own doing.
I remember the very first time; “just once”, I told myself but I found myself doing the same thing the second and the third time; “I can stop whenever I want to” but I was only fooling myself, now I am swallowed up by it. You might say it is an addiction but it is much more, it is slavery.
As I wallow in my pain and misery, I stumble on the greatest news I have ever heard; it is not too late, I can start afresh. I heard Jesus could change my situation and give me a bright future. I eagerly accepted Him and truly my life has not been the same.
Jesus saved me and offered me a new beginning, a new future and a new life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power