LNMS:My heart sank

For the first time since the beginning of my medical journey, I witnessed death, live and direct.
It was in a neonate, every thing was apparently going on fine, when I realized there was some running around, I joined in the race, only to realize that there was really fire on the mountain...a neonate had gone into cardiac arrest, after a long session of cpr and a shot of adrenaline which resulted in an adrenaline heart, and then led to another session of cpr...the Resident then deem it fit to make the call...which is the time of death...at that point my heart sank, his mother cried and continued prayers in full Ernest that he would spring back to life...at this, I stood still, motionless, looking straight ahead and not seeing any thing...my heart broke...may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Living Alone

Where are they now?- Michael Power